While most of the year should be spent on romantic marketing (telling stories about your work and process), December is the time to go big and ask for the sale.
Therefore, over the coming few weeks, we’ll be sending our Art Marketing Calendar subscribers periodic reminders on when to email your customers with your best December offer, and what to email them to make the most of the opportunity.
Keep an eye out for the [Art Marketing Calendar] tag in our email subject lines. Those are your top priority if you’re looking to sell some art this month.
Here’s the emails we recommend all art retailers send this month:
- December 1-4: The Primer
- December 7: Gift Ideas
- December 14: Expiration Warning
- December 18: Expiration Warning
- December 20: Expiration Warning
- December 23: Expiration Warning
- December 24: Last Chance Warning
- December 29: End of Year Sale Announcement
- December 31: Last Chance Warning
- Our post on The Anatomy of an Art Sales Email breaks down all the major elements of an art sales email.
- In it we mention this post on how to write email subject lines that increase your open rates.
- For a holiday email template go to our post here.
Ready to Sell Some Art?
Make sure you are subscribed to the Art Marketing Calendar for our best advice, reminders, free templates, and more.